Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.

My stool varies from well formed to watery with red gooey tear-shaped

My stool varies from well formed to watery with red gooey tear-shaped flakes. Lately I've had more of the watery stool (truely liquid with greenish yellow pieces and the red flakes). I have rib pain and sometimes a burning in my stomach (mid-section) immediately after eating. I have also had increased gase. I'm assuming I should go to the doctor, but have a very limited budget
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Since when are ypu having these symptoms?

Do you have cramps while passing stool?

I am still available online to answer your queries after I get the above info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The off and on again diaherra started about 4 weeks ago. I noticed an increase in gas over the past 12 months, but assumed it was age, poor diet and lack of exercise. The sore ribs I noticed about 3 months ago, but I attributed it to sitting hunched over my computer all I started wearing new underwire bras and shapeware. Are the red gooey flakes blood or something else?

Thanks for the additional info.

The long term diarrhea could be due to irritable bowel syndrome.

However, you should also do a stool culture to look for any possibility of infection in your bowels like giardia, clostrium difficile, campylobacter etc.

The gas is likely to be due to indigestion and is also commonly associated with bacterial overgrowth in the large bowel.

You need to do a double contrast barium study of the intestines to look for any changes in the bowel mucosa.

Doing these tests will help you to get some conclusion about the reasons for the diarrhea and get specific treatment.

It was a pleasure assisting you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.