Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

my liver feels like its twitching on a regular bases for the

my liver feels like its twitching on a regular bases for the last couple of weeks what could that mean
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

Is the twitching on right upper abdomen on any place else?
Does it hurt when you press the area?
What is your age and sex?
Any chronic disease you suffer from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes upper right no place else sometimes a pin jabbing pain but only weak more twitching or spazam like feeling i am male and 31 years old no chronic disease known

Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

Sorry to hear about your problem

The pain in this area can be due to a liver pathology or a gall bladder problem or some muscular issue involving the diaphragm.
Some investigations may be required to reach a diagnosis. These include
ESR
LFTs
Blood CP
USG abdomen

The twitching feeling can be due to muscle twitches that may be involving the diaphragm. This can occur due to irritation of the diaphragm. It can be caused by enlargement of the covering of the liver.
Your best course would be to visit a doctor preferably a gastroenterologist who would be able to examine you and feel the liver to reach a diagnosis.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have been drinking alot over xmas and a little anphetomines plus i eat alot of takeaway doc i am worried my liver is failing
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Welcome back

Well this can be confirmed or otherwise if you undergo some tests like I have mentioned above.. LFTs alone can tell us about the functional status of the liver and this is a must.

Best of luck...Take care.