Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

I have a pulling pain from my navel to my penis. What is i

Customer Question

I have a pulling pain from my navel to my penis. What is it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Have you been given any provisional diagnosis by your doctor?

Have you done an ultrasound of the abdomen?

Is the pain rotating in the lower abdomen or is it fixed at some area?

I am still available online to answer your queries after I get the above info.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had CT's Ultra Sounds and the works. They all show nothing. The pain comes and goes. Sometimes it's while working out and sometimes it can come simply by sitting on the sofa. Laying in the fetal position relieves the pain but the pain is still there. I usually have to go to bed, wake up and it's gone. Standing up straight is not good. When the pain is present, if I try and stand up it feels like a string is connected to my belly button and my penis. THere is also a slight dull pain in my right tesical. No hernia though, I just got back from the doctor who says there is no hernia present.

Since you have done almost every type of investigation without any definite diagnosis and pertinent pain and discomfort, you should try something new. However, you can do an MR angiography to see if you have any block or abnormality of the blood supply to the intestines. Sometimes, this often remain undiagnosed in patients with pain abdomen without any definite lesion or disease.

You can also try yoga exercise which is a healthy and natural way to strengthen (revitalise) the muscles, bones and all the organs of the body. I will provide you with a link.

It was a pleasure assisting you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is it possible that there is something connecting the navel to the penis? What could that pulling sensation be? Could it be a nerve?
There is no single ligament or muscle or nerve connecting the navel to the penis although you may be having a hernia (as you already have a history) in the anterior abdominal wall through the muscles. But as you have said that all te investigations are normal, it is unlikley.
I would suggest you to do yoga and see if you feel better. You can select a yoga center in your state . Here is a link to help you.

You can also get the MR angiography of the intestinal vessels doen to exclude intestinal ischemia.