Dr.K.S.Dastoor
Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. D.N.B. Gen Surg, FIAGES
26103933

I HAVE A COMPLEX SEPTATED CYST ON MY RIGHT KIDNEY. HAVE HAD

I HAVE A COMPLEX SEPTATED CYST ON MY RIGHT KIDNEY. HAVE HAD PERSISTANT PAIN IN MY BACK JUST BELOW THE RIB CAGE AND DISTENTION IN MY ABDOMEN. HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A UROLOGIST AND WANT TO ASK QUESTIONS BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. HAVE CT/MRI/ULTRASOUND IMAGES FOR COMPARISONS. CT IN 2007 AND MRI/ULTRASOUND 2 MONTHS AGO. THE CYST HAS CHANGED IN SIZE.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.K.S.Dastoor replied 6 years ago.
Complex kidney cysts are one type of renal cyst.To be defined as a complex kidney cyst, the cyst must have some type of irregularities inside of it like septation.Many complex kidney cysts may have a low risk for being or becoming a kidney cancer. They will require evaluation by an urologist.If the size has increased the i would say that chances of cancer are there.You need to ask the specialist if he can determine whether the cyst is cancerous or not.If so,the treatment will depend on that.Mostly surgery will be required.