Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

Hi Doctor, A guy rubbed his penis against my buttocks but

Customer Question

Hi Doctor,

A guy rubbed his penis against my buttocks but there was no penetration.

Are there any risks for STDs particularly herpes, HPV or HIV?

thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Was there oral sex done?
Was he wearing condom?

Edited by Dr.David on 1/3/2011 at 5:38 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oral sex was carried out about 4 years ago.

The penis rubbing against my butt incident happened yesterday. Basically he was rubbing his penis against my butt, we were both naked. But there was no oral sex , no penetration.

Please tell me whether there are any risks for Herpes, HIV, HPV (Genital Warts).

How high are the risks for these STDs, High, Low or Near Zero Risk?

Thanks.

Jaykishen

Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info given. Please stay online, I will post your answer in a couple of minutes.

Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info given.

As you have described that there was no sexual contact,neither his penis touched your vagina nor there was oral sex,but there was contact of his penis & your buttocks, there is great chance that you can get an STD.

STDs can be transmitted by skin to skin contact like syphilis, genital warts,herpes. Herpes is spread by direct skin to skin contact.Genital herpes on buttocks is a common sight and appears as small red dots or pimples on the buttock area.
herpes is easily transmitted through skin-to-skin contact. The virus get transmitted even if you had contact for few seconds.Also I would like to tell you that most infected persons do not realize they are infected or that they are passing the virus. So in conclusion I can say that as there was direct skin to skin contact of penis & buttocks, there is great chance that you may have got an STD especially the herpes.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not satisfied with the reply as I have visited the MedHelp forum and they have told me that there is a low risk only.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 3 years ago.

It is difficult to calculate the exact risk. If your partner is having active stage , have lesions, herpes sores then he may be shedding the virus & there will be more risk for you. But if there he is in inactive stage & is not shedding the virus, then there is low risk for you. Rubbing & massaging of his penis gives you more risk. As you have described that there was rubbing of penis & not mere contact,so rubbing is enough to shed the virus.

For more details read here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lGxrozVA9YkJ:www.mamashealth.com/stds/herpes.asp+skin+to+skin+herpes&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk

Regards-
Dr.David.