T Khan
T Khan, Doctor
Experience:  UW Med School/UCLA Training/USC Faculty. Full Spectrum Family Medicine - Adult, Peds, OB/GYN
33362630

Why does my nose get ecy cold when the rest of my face is

Why does my nose get ecy cold when the rest of my face is warm?
Category: Medical
Expert:  T Khan replied 3 years ago.

T Khan :

Welcome to JA - sorry you are going through this, let me opine. The tip of the nose and the nose itself are have low levels of blood flow so it is quite normal for the nose to be colder then the rest of the face.

T Khan :

If there is concern that it is abnormally colder then other parts of the body, then you should have your doctor check for vascular disease and possibly prescribe an asprin a day.

T Khan :

But, most likely, this is normal anatomy of the nose itself.

T Khan :

Does this help? If so, please remember to click ACCEPT or else I get no credit for my time here. After ACCEPTING, feel free to ask follow up questions and I will be flagged and can return to answer them.

Best of health to you!

Customer :

It comes and goes even when I'm in a warm house. But I don't know what brings it on.

T Khan :

Huh, in that case I would sugggest you have your doctor evaluate you for vascular disease to ensure you don't have a problem with the blood vessels in your nose.

T Khan :

That could cause such symptoms.

T Khan :

Otherwise, there aren't really many other conditions that can cause symptoms like this.

T Khan :

Anything else I can clarify for you before you click ACCEPT?

T Khan :

Was there anything else friend?

T Khan, Doctor
Experience: UW Med School/UCLA Training/USC Faculty. Full Spectrum Family Medicine - Adult, Peds, OB/GYN