Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

The bridge and right side of my nose hurts and it is swollen on the right side. Ther

The bridge and right side of my nose hurts and it is swollen on the right side. There is no marks or redness ands sticking my finger in my nose doesn't hurt. It hurts on the right side of my nose on the outside but not on the inside. The snot from my nose is clear and colorless. This has been going on for about three days and is getting a little worse.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated and these are infection, allergic rhinitis, nasal growth or polyp. I will advise to take Tab. Zyrtec available OTC for three days & continue taking Tab. Advil. Take steam inhalation and avoid any rubbing inside nose. I will also advise to see your physician for complete evaluation because in case of infection you may need to start antibiotics. Thats why evaluation is required. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry that I didn't tell you that I already take zyrtec daily. Does that change your recommendations?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 3 years ago.
My recommendation will be the same but you can use Benadryl which is also available OTC if Tab. Zyrtec didn't work. The most important thing is to have evaluation done because this seems to be then most likely infective so antibiotics might be needed in order to cure and stop the spread of infection. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.

Edited by Dr. Amir on 1/1/2011 at 10:40 PM EST
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience: Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS