Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine

i had a mynx vascular closure device put in on monday. im

i had a mynx vascular closure device put in on monday. i'm now having pain and swelling at sight. it's better today but its painful to sit or walk. should i go to hospital.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer

Before your question can be answered I would need you tell me the following

1. Why & at what location was it used? (i.e. after what procedure?)
2. What medications are you using?
3. what diseases are you suffering from?
4. is there any color change at or below the swelling?
5. Is the swelling warm to touch?

That should be all for now

Regards
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1 heart catherization right groin 2diavan 160mg, cardizan la360mg, 81 mg aspirin3blood preasure/anginia4yesterday it was light red beside site, today not red5 a little
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information & for your patience

Well this means the formation of a Hematoma (Blood collection). Which means that "mynx" could not do the job 100 %.
You need an immediate examination for it as you already are on aspirin which is one of the blood thinners and no one can be for sure without proper examination and investigation as to whether it is currently leaking blood or not.
Most probably the blood would have stopped coming out any longer and its only the blood that has already leaked out and after examination your doctor may simply advise you to have rest and let the haematoma resolve it self. But a visit would definitely be beneficial for you. Till the time you have visited your doctor you should avoid straining it (by walking or sitting up)

Hope this helped
Please feel free to ask if you have a doubt

Regards
Dr MASK

Please click ACCEPT to credit this assist. Bonus and positive feedback will be appreciated. Best wishes and hope you get well soon!
(This communication is open till you are satisfied!)
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience: MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine