Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

If my normal oral temp is 96.8, when do I consider myself having

If my normal oral temp is 96.8, when do I consider myself having a fever?
Welcome to Justanswer

Welcome to Justanswer

Well fever is any temp above the normal temp. Which (normal) on average is taken as 98.6. But it can range (for oral cavity) from 92 to 101 in various people.
Now when should you consider that you actually have fever should be clear from the fact that for a person with normal temp of 98.6 even a temp of 99 is good enough to be called a raise in temp=fever. However it would be graded as low grade.

Hope this helped

Regards
Dr MASK

Please click ACCEPT to credit this assist. Bonus and positive feedback will be appreciated. Best wishes and hope you get well soon!
(This communication is open till you are satisfied!)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I qm not sure if my reply went through so I will repeat. I guess what I want to be clarified is at what point elevation is it considered a fever...i.e. 1 degree or more. Since my normal oral temp is 96.8 degrees would a temp of 98.0 be a fever for me.
Well 1-3 degrees rise in temp is considered a low grade fever and after that high grade. Yes any thing above your normal body temperature IS "Fever"

If still unclear please feel free to ask