The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I AM HAVING BOWEL MOVEMENTS WITHOUT ANY WARNING. I AM GOING

I AM HAVING BOWEL MOVEMENTS WITHOUT ANY WARNING. I AM GOING TO A UROLOGIST FOI INCONTINENCE. I AM TOLD THERE IS NO CONNECTION WITH THIS.

Greetings

The pelvic floor in females have two sphincters (external anal and the external urethral sphincter) share a muscular connection (So the opinion that they are not connected is false)

You will need to discuss with your urologist and gastroenterologist to refer you to a physiotherapist for pelvic floor exercises to strengthen the muscles.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i AM TOLD THAT MY INCONTINENCE IS DUE TO AN INFECTION. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IF THE INFECTION IS CLEARED UP, THAT WOULD CURE MY BOWEL PROBLEM?

If you have some form of enteritis (infection), this could cause 'intestinal hurry' and a certain degree of incontinence. That shroud stop after the infection clears up