Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

fever of 100.5 sore achy legs. took 600mg motrin but fever

fever of 100.5 sore achy legs. took 600mg motrin but fever keeps going up. fever is now 101.5. do i need to go to a hospital?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

Any other symptoms apart from fever like sore throat. chills, vomiting , loose motions etc?
When did the fever start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Chills. I was nauseous earlier. Fever started about 3 hours ago. my son has mrsa. I don't have any sores or anything.
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

Sorry to hear about your problem

The fever that you are having can be due to Malaria as the malaria fever is associated with chills. Also UTI and respiratory tract infections can also present with chills.
You may need an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin to tackle the infection that you have along with Motrin. Paracetamol would be a better choice than motrin .
Few tests may be required like Blood CP, MP , etc to reach a diagnosis.
Your best course would be to visit a hospital as the fever is increasing so that a doctor may examine you and advise appropriate antibiotic accordingly.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.

I must strongly disagree with the answer provided by the other expert. It appears that you are living in the USA, where Malaria is not found. Unless you have traveled to a tropical region of the world, this is not the problem.

There are many causes for fever including the common cold, influenza, urinary tract infections ("bladder infections"), respiratory infections including bronchitis and pneumonia.

Without any other major symptoms, it would be very reaonable and appropriate to call your physician in the morning OR to go to an urgent care clinic. A visit to the emergency room would be much more costly, time consuming and actually a much less reaonable option that a visit to your personal physician.