Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  MD since 1997

I believe i have a lung or anxiety issue, everytime at night

Customer Question

I believe i have a lung or anxiety issue, everytime at night when i get excited like tonight, my chest get a little tight and just feel weird, but tonight when that happend the top part of my shoulder up through my jaw and up to the inside of my ear hurts, ands its been hurting now for like hours, not a unbearable pain, just annoying, any ideas? Im 23
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 3 years ago.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

hi

Dr PG (M.D.) :

welcome to just answer

Dr PG (M.D.) :

are you present online?

Customer :

yes

Dr PG (M.D.) :

kindly give me some more information regarding your question

Dr PG (M.D.) :

are you on any medicines

Customer :

no i was but stopped them like 3 days ago, it was for asthma and allergic reaction to christmas tree

Customer :

basically my parents think im going through anxiety issues because everytime i get a symptom of anything im going on the internet finding out what it is]

Dr PG (M.D.) :

ok

Dr PG (M.D.) :

did you do any strenuous work recently?

Customer :

nope not at all, its just weird after we got rid of the christmas tree, everything was ok except for that everyonce in a while in the evening my chest tightens a little, its weird it only happens in evening

Dr PG (M.D.) :

any cough, breathlessness, wheezing etc?

Customer :

no real cough, breathleness maybe a tad but not major, and no wheezing

Dr PG (M.D.) :

ok

Dr PG (M.D.) :

where exactly is the pain in the ear, in front and below it or inside it?

Customer :

below it and maybe a little inside of it, but the main thing thats bugging me is the right side of my throat almost feels like its burning a little, and my shoulder hurts not a sharp pan but just a discomfort

Dr PG (M.D.) :

ok

Dr PG (M.D.) :

any ringing in the ear or slicking sound while moving the jaw?

Customer :

no

Dr PG (M.D.) :

allright

Customer :

i know im sry its like a mystery

Customer :

and my symptoms are like hard to explain

Dr PG (M.D.) :

no need to apologize

Dr PG (M.D.) :

i ca UNDERSTSND

Dr PG (M.D.) :

by the symptoms that you are describing there are a few possibilities in your case

Dr PG (M.D.) :

one is that there is some component of anxiety

Dr PG (M.D.) :

but the present symptoms might be not related to anxiety

Dr PG (M.D.) :

there is something called TMJ disorder

Dr PG (M.D.) :

Temporomadibular disorder

Customer :

so u dont think im having like a stroke or heart attack

Dr PG (M.D.) :

no it does not seem like a stroke or a heart attack

Dr PG (M.D.) :

TMJ is a joint directly in front of th ear either side of the lower jaw

Dr PG (M.D.) :

the movement of this joint is in co-ordination of the muscles and ligaments

Dr PG (M.D.) :

any problem with any of these ligaments or muscles there might be a disorder with the joint

Dr PG (M.D.) :

the common symptoms are ear pain, pain in jaw

Customer :

o ok

Dr PG (M.D.) :

the associated symptoms that can be present are shoulder pain (radiating pain), grinding of jaw, ringing in ears etc

Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Experience: MD since 1997