Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

What is the maximum dosage of morphine sulfate I can take a day I am currently taking 15

What is the maximum dosage of morphine sulfate I can take a day? I am currently taking 15mg in the morning and 15mg in the evening and I am still in agony? Can I go to 75-100P
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.
Maximum dosage of morphine sulphate are case dependent.A person habitual to morphine sulfate can take higher dosage but a sudden higher dosage in others may lead to respiratory depression.As you are already taking morphine sulfate you may go for higher dose for pain relief.But I would not suggest you to self medicate yourself but consult your doctor and increase the dose under guidance of your doctor to avoid serious side effects.Hope this answers your question.You can go upto 75 mg per day or so but only after consultation with your doctor.Please ask if there are further questions or if there are any doubts.Thank you.Take care.