Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist

How long does Bystolic stay in your system I took 5mg of

How long does Bystolic stay in your system? I took 5mg of Bystolic for 6 days.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.

Bystolic is eliminated from the body in 90 hours, from the last dose.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I went to the ER this Monday for chest pain. EKG, Cat Scan, and Echocardiagram showed heart was okay.

I was switched from 5mg of Bystolic to 2.5 mg of Novasrc on Tuesday because I was dizzy on Bystolic.

Chest pain seems to be getting worse my only symptom. Do you have any suggestions?

Chest pain is a known side effect of the Norvasc. Please see the side effect section of the resource;

Since cardiac causes are ruled out by your extensive work up; non cardiac causes of chest pain should be considered for your present symptom, apart from Norvasc side effect. Following should be the possibilities;

1) GERD would be prime consideration as it is one of the commonest cause for non cardiac chest pain.

2) Hiatus hernia

3) Esophagitis

4) Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen is helpful. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Please read about the costochondritis;

5) Esophageal spasm

Dr. Arun