Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

blood dripping from anus

blood dripping from anus
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:What is your age & gender?
From how long you have this symptom?
Do you have history of constipation?
Is there blood mixed in stool also?

Edited by Dr.David on 12/15/2010 at 5:20 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm 56 , male . I get the symptoms off and on . This will be the third day I've noticed the symptoms. It happens when I work out lifting waits.
I'm a drummer with the national tour of a Broadway show , this induces a lot of stress . The blood appears to be dripping from just the inside of the anus . Close to the surface .
I had a colonoscopy in 2004 . Test were clear .
Had a full body catscan in 2009 for kidney stones .
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the info given.

The condition having fresh red colored blood in stool is called hematochezia. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. This blood is coming from lower gastro intestinal tract. Its most common causes are: hemorrhoids,anal fissures,diverticular bleeding,intestinal infection (such as bacterial enterocolitis),systemic disorders,inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis,crohn's disease.

You need:stool examination,ultrasound of lower abdomen,colonoscopy & other blood tests. Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination..So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dr.David on 12/15/2010 at 6:47 PM EST