Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

what does it mean to vomit green or yellow

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would say that whenever, there is green or yellow color of the vomitus (vomit) indicative of liver & gallbladder disorders, some times biliary obstruction. Gall bladder disease can be due to gall stones also. It is important to rule out acid-peptic disease which can give yellowish vomit. But it is the gall bladder & biliary disorders which are top on the list for giving such vomit. The important thing to remember that if there is any such color in vomiting then visit to ER or see your physician for complete evaluation and tests such as abdominal scan, complete blood count, liver function tests, serum amylase. These symptoms should not be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly and early evaluation is highly advised. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.

Edited by Dr. Amir on 12/12/2010 at 11:22 PM EST