Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

tightness in throat and upper chest, sinus pressure behind

tightness in throat and upper chest, sinus pressure behind eyes, cough. Tired. Been on antibiotics since Tuesday and still not better.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to

Please tell me how old you are?

Do you have history of fever?

Pain in chest while breathing?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am 57. I have not had a fever with this. The sensation in my lower throat and upper chest is more of a cold tightness, not a pain. I have been dizzy from the pressure in my head, and extremely tired.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for info as you mentioned that you have history of cough with tightness of chest and throat also sinus pressure ,you also feel tiredness antibiotics didnot helped you keeping all these facts in mind most possibly you have viral infection that is giving you all these symptoms in viral infections antibiotics donot help to control infection but they just help to prevent secondary bacterial infections ,so i will suggest you to get steam inhalation ,saline gargles ,avoid cold beverages ,use coffee , and take over the counter tablet brufen 400 mg three times a day for 3-5 days,viral infections are usually self limited and take some time to go so donot worry follow instructions as i mentioned you will get benefit.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX found my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.