Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Hard painful lump between scrotum and inner thigh

Hard painful lump between bottom left side of scrotum and inner thigh. Have had on and off small lumps over the last month that went away on there on after a couple days. This on started out small and is now approximately 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. Hurts like heck. I am out of the country with limited medical. I am assuming it is some form of cyst. Is there any self care I can try to help it?
Thank you
Greetings,

Is it movable? Warm, tender? Any other symptom? Are you on any medication?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes it is movable. It appears to start at the skin and goes under about a 1/4". It is 3 inches long and 1 inch wides and very hard. It does feel hotter where it is on the left side than on the right side. It is very tender, it is right where I sit. I dont have any other symptoms.
I take Metformim, Cozaar and Lovastatine

Picture attached:

Thank you for the input.

The lump is likely to be due to an inflammed cyst or a lymph node( as it is very hard). There can be an infection. As it is growing in size, I think you should get it examined by doctor as you can need antibiotic to prevent its worsening. Meanwhile , you can apply warm moist compress over it. Analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like motrin or advil can be taken if there is no contraindication.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.