Doctor Marcus
Doctor Marcus, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US Trained, US Board Certified MD, Medical School Faculty Member

Taking Armour Thyroid 75mg in morning. Which have brought

Taking Armour Thyroid 75mg in morning. Which have brought my TSH and T3 into normal range. But I'm suffering with anxiety, an adrenelin rush that comes in waves during the day and upon waking in morning. The anxiety has made me irritable, quick to anger and impatient. Can not handle anything stressful! I am also treated for fibromyalgia, but these symptoms have appeared only recently. Doc thinks I may lack adrenal support.
Greetings. How have you been sleeping and eating. How has your blood pressure been?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My blood pressure has been very normal(110/70). I took it recently to check it since I was so excited I needed to know if my heart was racing, but apparently not.

I've been falling to sleep just fine (I take trazadone 50mg to help me sleep) but I'll wake any time between 3 and 5 and experience anxiety and my heart will flutter (which makes me more anxious). My doc suggested I try a spoonful of peanut butter (thinking it was related to low blood sugar) but that doesn't help. My diet as of the last 10 days has been very strict, eating only low gycemic index foods, no caffeine, sugar, alcohol, treating myself like I have hypoglycemia. I can feel my whole body "rush" or pulsate when I have a rush a adrenalin.
Thank you for the additional information. Does anything seem to bring these episodes on? Do you have any other symptoms with them like flushing, diarrhea, or a rash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My stools are loose, frequent and burn my anus! No flushing, rash. Just a wave of excitement that starts in the pit of my stomach and moves up to my chest. I can't pinpoint anything that brings them on. But I am so irritable. Makes me feel like I should run around the house!
Well, it might be helpful to talk to your doctor about having a test for something called urine metanephrines done to rule out something called a pheochromocytoma, which is an abnormal growth in your adrenal gland which causes excessive release of stress hormones into your bloodstream. This is rare, but if there is any concern for this, it should be excluded before you talk to your doctor about additional treatment for anxiety.