Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN PASS A DRUG TEST FOR METH IN 24 HRS

Customer Question

IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN PASS A DRUG TEST FOR METH IN 24 HRS.i used something called stat flush before and it raised questions about the creatine level.the doc said i daluted my urin.im in a methadone program for 11 yrs.i recently had some family problems and fell off the wagon.first time in 10 and a half yrs.if i get a dirty ua tommorrow morning i will get kicked out.please let me know if i can take creatine pills to get it back up.please help.can u text my answer to my phone.417 -299-2328.please help thank u
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 6 years ago.
Do you mean methadone or methamphetamine?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

im on methadone maintenance.but i took methamphetamine at 200 am central time.i will have to take drug test at 7 00 am fri morn

Well, you can try to dilute your urine. The basic principle of urine dilution is drinking a plenty of water. One gallon of water is enough to pass home drug test. But what if you need to pass a drug test in a lab? You should know that labs are required to test the creatinine in all regulated specimens, and to test specific gravity for specimens with creatinine less than 20 mg/dL. So most likely you will fail because of diluted results if you will drink pure water.

You need to take creatinine supplements. So your creatinine level will stay above cutoff while you will flush out marijuana metabolites from your urine with water.

warm regards

Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

DOCTOR Cameron; i didnt understand the last statement about marijuana metabolites cause i dont use marijuana.and also how the test does go to a lab.so how do i know how much creatinine to take with my water so its not too much.im usually 110 to 120.but using stat flush im 10 or 12.and also is it true that u can drink pickle juice or vinigar.thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

DOCTOR Cameron; i didnt understand the last statement about marijuana metabolites cause i dont use marijuana.and also how the test does go to a lab.so how do i know how much creatinine to take with my water so its not too much.im usually 110 to 120.but using stat flush im 10 or 12.and also is it true that u can drink pickle juice or vinigar.thank you p.s i will accept answer.but i wasnt sure if i will b charged again for replying back

Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunately, the information that the other expert provided to you is scientifically incorrect.

Taking creatine supplements does NOT increase the urine creatinine or specific gravity, the two tests that are done to identify a urine as "dilute".

This published study support this fact.

http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/46/2/295