DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

What causes calcium deposits on a liver and is it concerni

What causes calcium deposits on a liver and is it concerning?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

Have you any symptoms?
Are you heavy alcoholic?
Have you undergone - Liver function tests?
Are you taking any medications?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Symptoms last week were temp of 100 which would come down to just below normal and then back up. Fatigue, slight nausea, overall yuck. for about a week... I had pink eye the week before and a heavy cold for 2 weeks before that. I understand they may not be related.
It felt very much like how it did when i had Lyme about 3 years ago. So doctor tested for that and gall bladder. Lyme came back positive and gall bladder is fine on ultra sound, but they are telling be that the found calcium deposits on liver.
I do not drink, other than wine maybe every 6 weeks at a social function.

-no liver function tests yet
-medication, Advair and pro air
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Hello
I've noticed the other expert has opted out.
What type of imaging showed calcium in the liver....How do you know there are deposits in other words?
dt
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had Ultra sound today, the doctors assistant called me and said "your gal bladder is clear, but they saw some calcium deposits on your liver, so the doctor would like you to have a CT"
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Calcium deposits under these circumstances can be from old scarring, old infection, liver cyst [usually harmless]....
The CT should better define the cause.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Good luck
Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit. Ask more if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.