Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

safe to give blood

If you have recieved a flu shot which is a ,"a live, attenuated vaccine," how long do you have to wait before it is safe to give blood?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is generally safe to give blood after 4 weeks of live attenuated flu shot vaccination, and there is no symptom such as cough, fever or fatigue. For killed/inactivated/recombinant vaccine, you should be able to give blood within 1-2 weeks.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.