Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD
14307416

I suddenly have excess saliva in my mouth and I keep swallowing

Customer Question

I suddenly have excess saliva in my mouth and I keep swallowing continously and it is getting frustrating. I am worried so my main question is it HIV related directly or indirectly. I have tested negative for HIV but I still want to know if its HIV related through affaecting the nerve system, lymph gland salivary glands etc

I beg for help and I want a veru honest amswer.

I have been taking voltaren for back pain and I did accpuncture.

Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 3 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Customer:

hi

Customer:

hello

Customer:

r u there

Customer:

hello

Customer:

where is your answer Dr B

Dr B :

Sorry, was having problems

Dr B :

Would you mind me asking if you plan on accepting my answer? Your accept rate is less than 50%

Customer:

I will I promise

Customer:

But I need an honest answer even if it is bad news but I need to know

Dr B :

ok, the symptoms you have are not associated with HIV, and there is little relation to it, you may have some iinflamation of your salivary glands, but it has nothing to do with HIV

Customer:

Sorry what do u mean little relation to it? to HIV u mean

Dr B :

yes, I mean HIV

Customer:

First u said it has nothing to do with HIV and then little relation to it???

Dr B :

Yes, both mean the same thing, there is no relation to increase salivation with HIV infection

Customer:

But how did I get sudden salvitation it just happened

Dr B :

It may be inflammation of your saliva glands

Customer:

What causes it?

Dr B :

Several things may cause it, it could be an infection, or it could be an obstruction, it may also be due to nasal congestion, which will give the idea that you are swallowing more saliva

Customer:

What kind of infection? I do not have nasal congestion!

Dr B :

It is unlikely to be an infection if you do not have pain

Customer:

I heard that HIV can cause swollen lymph glands so is it related to my cause?

Dr B :

No, it is not related

Customer:

I received my HIV result several hours after I got tested?

Customer:

is that normal? could it be forged?

Dr B :

It is normal depending on the test, and it is unlikely to be forged

Customer:

I suspect that the person I had sex with could have connections to someone that knows people working in lads?? Am i thinking too much

Customer:

sorry i means lab

Dr B :

I think you are suffering from anxiety and possible paranoia, it is unlikely for that to happen

Customer:

She vaginal thrush but she says it does itch and no pain but I heard HIV can cause vaginal thrush. Also her vagina looks very red and I used to see swollen balls inside her vagina and she orgasims so so so much. It that normal

Dr B :

Vaginal thrush is very normal in people without HIV, I can't comment on the balls you saw because I have not seen them

Customer:

I had sex with my wife but never came inside her so and she tested negative to HIV. If I was HIV positive God forbid, would she have contarcted the virus without me coming inside her

Dr B :

It is possible

Customer:

Do some females orgasim so much like water fountain

Dr B :

Yes, some do

Customer:

Please bear with me

Dr B :

I am

Customer:

I will accept your answer but I have some more questions

Dr B :

ok

Customer:

If I tested negative for HIV, how accurate is it and is it possile the virus is there but it did not show

Dr B :

Usually the test is around 95-99% accurate

Customer:

So can we say it is negative

Dr B :

yes

Customer:

I just did a CT scan on my back which showd some discs and some nerve problems so is that HIV related AT ALL?

Dr B :

Not at all

Customer:

Then why I am so worried about HIV why it is making cry, depressed I cant take it anymore.

Customer:

Why am i hahing medical problems now

Dr B :

I think you may be suffering from a psychological problem, and you may need medications from a phsychiatrist. There is no reason to be obsessed about it

Dr B :

Everybody has medical problems

Customer:

Can I call you

Customer:

Are you in sydney Australia

Dr B :

I am sorry, we cannot give out numbers or addresses on this website per the rules. I am in the United States

Customer:

When I got my HIV result I was so so so happy and relieved but because of my back ppains, ex stomach pains, ex bladder pains and now saliva thing I started to think about it again

Dr B :

The result is the most important thing to go by, none of the other symptoms are related

Dr B :

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns

If you are satisfied, please click ACCEPT

Dr B :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Dr B :

Is there anything else you would like to ask?

Customer:

yes one second

Dr B :

ok

Customer:

I have been under massive stress the last two years becuase I cheated on my wife and she found out about it and ever since I never had stress free day, stress after stress after stress so could that be the real cause for all of my problems. I once did a urine test and they found white blood cells??

Dr B :

How many white blood cells?

Customer:

first they found 100 then nothing then 10 or 20 I am not sure

Customer:

Sorry I did ultra sound and my spleen was enlarged 14.2cm

Dr B :

The stress may be a part of the problem, but the presence of white blood cells in the urine points towards a urinary tract infection

Customer:

What about the spleen thing?

Customer:

Are they HIV related at all?

Dr B :

No, they are not related

Customer:

I have fatty liver for the last 14 years

Dr B :

That is not HIV related

Customer:

But I am not fat, I am 183cm and weigh 100

Customer:

My dr said the spleen could be from fatty liver

Dr B :

That is true

Customer:

Why r u so sure than me that I do not have HIV?

Dr B :

If your test was negative, none of these symptoms matter. The test is what will tell you if you have HIV or not. Most people with HIV will have no symptoms, so only the test is relevant

Customer:

They used I think EMIA test for HIV it that a good accurate test?

Dr B :

Yes, the ELISA test

Customer:

I heard that excess saliva could be fro Lumphratis something to do with the lungs?

Dr B :

I have been answering your questions for over an hour, do you plan on accepting?

Customer:

I swear I will on my kids lives

Dr B :

Excess saliva is usually not due to anything in your lungs

Customer:

What is the lungs disease called

Customer:

When does it become and concern? the excess saliva i mean. I cant live with it forever

Dr B :

I don't know, I have never heard of it

Dr B :

Are you there?

Dr B :

The excess saliva may be a concern if it persists beyond 6 months, but usually it will decrease by then

Customer:

What is nexium used for and is it for HIV related disease

Dr B :

It is used for acid reflux and stomach ulcers

Customer:

Not for HIV related stuff

Dr B :

It is past midnight here and I have to sign off soon, I have to work in the morning.

Dr B :

No, not for HIV related disease, I use it

Customer:

Wait I am just looking for something

Dr B :

ok

Customer:

I am trying to find a term I think it starts with tumpylicar do u know it

Customer:

HIV causes it

Dr B :

sorry, i do not know it

Dr B :

Are you there?

Customer:

Ok look at this:

Customer:

Neurological Disorders

• According to the Mayo Clinic, certain types of neurological disorders may cause the body to produce excessive saliva. Parkinson's disease and cerebral palsy may cause excessive saliva as a result of progressive nerve damage. The nerves of the salivary glands can also become damaged and cause the glands to make too much saliva.

• Read more: What Are the Causes of Excessive Saliva? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5114910_causes-excessive-saliva_.html#ixzz14fgDCnS8
    Customer:

Doesnt HIN cause damage to the nerve system

Customer:

HIV sorry

Dr B :

It can cause damage

Customer:

Ok so excessive saliva can be HIV related or not

Dr B :

It is not a direct symptom of HIV

Customer:

Hello but you said earlier no relation to it????????

Dr B :

Excess salivation is not directly related to HIV, if you had a nervous system disorder that was caused by HIV like lymphoma of the nervous system, which is a cancer, it would not cause excess salivation

Customer:

Please be more specific is there a relationship between HIV and excess saliva

Dr B :

No

Customer:

Then what do you mean by HIV is directly related to excess saliva

Customer:

not

Customer:

one last question: of of the causes of excess saliva is Tuberculosis, is not that HIV related

Dr B :

If you have HIV, and it has progressed to AIDS, you may have infections or tumors that may lead to increased saliva

Customer:

You are confusing me big time?

Dr B :

Tuberculosis may be a sign of HIV

Customer:

can Tuberculosis cause enlarged spleen

Dr B :

Yes it can

Dr B :

I have to go to bed, I have been answering your questions for more than an hour and a half, if you accept, that will be nice, and if you have more questions you may request me to answer them tomorrow

Customer:

So do I have HIV

Dr B :

I cannot answer any more questions until you accept

Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
    Experience: MD
    Expert:  Dr Brims replied 3 years ago.
    If your test was negative, you do not have HIV
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So why do i have enlarged spleen and saliva thing

Expert:  Dr Brims replied 3 years ago.
    The enlarged spleen may be due to the fatty liver. If your test was negative then you don't have HIV. The test is used to detect the antibodies that the virus produces, so if it is negative then you don't have it