Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Severe pain lower chest, below breast line all around body.

Severe pain lower chest, below breast line all around body. Lasted 4 minutes maybe, ok now just shaky. Felt great before this happened, came on when peeing. I did take my blood pressure after pain subsided and it was fine, pulse was 85. Am on Diovan 80 for blood pressure.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you experience the pain due to strained chest area muscle. This is likely not related to the heart. The valsalva from urination could caused a strain of the muscles of the lower chest area, and hence strained the band of nerve around the area of the lower chest. If it occurs again, I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor on a regular appointment for a closer evaluation. In the meantime, I suggest that you rest, used over the counter Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily with food if the area becomes sore or tender, otherwise hold-off on the Aleve, avoid lifting weight greater than 50 Lb, or severe bending or belching.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.