tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

I have a lump that has appeared in my upper chest area (above

I have a lump that has appeared in my upper chest area (above the breast, about 2 inches below my collar bone). It is tender and soft. The lump is about the size of a half dollar. In addition, i'm not sure if this is related -- but I have had pain in my back shoulder blade area (fairly significant at times) for the past month. I assumed this pain was related to stress, and/or the way I was sleeping. Now I'm wondering if this is connected in some way.

When did you notice the lump and it there any change in the skin color? Is the lump movable?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I noticed the lump this past Wednesday. It appears to roll under my fingers when I press around it. At first I thought it was a bruise, but I have no reason to have a bruise on my upper chest. I do not see any discoloration.
So, as far as you can tell, nothing was there the day before you noticed it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not that I noticed anyway. I just happened to reach up while I was watching tv and noticed that it felt raised. I compared it to my other side and realized that it was definitely a raised lump.
OK. It's likely that it was there a while before, just considering the size. The fact that it's soft, tender, and mobile makes it highly unlikely to be malignant, if you were concerned about that. There are no lymph nodes in that area that would attain that size without an infection being present, say, in the breast, so that's another unlikely diagnosis. All that's left is either a benign skin cyst, perhaps a trigger point--a ball of muscle spasm--in the pectoralis muscle, or a lipoma--a benign fat tumor. It would be a good idea to have a doctor look at it, but my feeling is it's nothing serious. I don't see how it could be related to your shoulder blade pain.