Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Slight Sulphur smell emanating from body. Skin does not smell

Slight Sulphur smell emanating from body. Skin does not smell but odor is present
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any history of diabetes? Any burning during urination? You are taking plenty of fluids in a day? What type of food you are taking more such as junk food or normal healthy one?

Edited by Dr. Amir on 11/6/2010 at 9:31 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No history of diabetes. No burning during urination. Drink at least 70 ounces of water every day but also usually drink a large soft drink sometime during the day. Have had very loose bowels fairly often recently but no other complaints. Ate a lot of fast food last year due to being in the car a lot working. I have been trying to eat healthier items from fast food while on the run. Rarely eat fried foods. Have been swimming for 45 minutes to an hour 5 x/week all summer up until this last week when it got cold.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the details. I want to start with the basics, type of food which we eat usually is responsible for body odor which also includes alcohol, carbonated drinks. There are some important diseases which can also give such sulphur odor and these are infection, liver & kidney diseases, thyroid disorders. In either case will advise to see your physician for complete evaluation & tests which should include liver & kidney tests to be on the safer side. Try to eat healthy food, drink plenty of fluids in a day and avoid alcohol & carbonated drinks. Try to cut down garlic & ginger in diet for some time & also stay away from junk food. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.

Edited by Dr. Amir on 11/6/2010 at 9:44 PM EST