Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My penis keeps retreating and is therefore uncomfortable. I

Customer Question

My penis keeps retreating and is therefore uncomfortable. I was circumcised as a young boy and am now 60. No infection, sore patches or anything like that - the glans is 'shy' and rather like a retreating tortoise head !
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Are you over weight?
dt
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes - not horrendously obese though. I'm 6'0" tall, 38" waist - weigh around 16st although would be better if 15st. Much less than that and I look ill. I've been on anti-depressants for several years but that's mostly under control.
Obesity and aging can both cause this.

Particularly if there were previous infections under the foreskin this might cause problems but it does not sound as if this were the case

Deep tissue damage to the penis from previous trauma might also be a contributor.
I would have this examined by a urologist to see if there is a structural problem.
Also lose weight.
Good luck
Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit so that I receive credit and pay. Still Ask more if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful especially for multiple questions and long chats. Answers for informational purposes only
dt
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Foreskin was removed 56 years ago and only because it was tight - no infections.
Previous trauma / damage to the penis - not happened. I am not very active sexually and have been divorced for 25 years and never had a regular partner since - and virtually no intercourse. Sex has been fun, but has remained non-penetrative.

I've never had an STI of any description and have shown some responsibility by going for general men's sexual health medicals over the years.

I wondered if wearing a medically-designed equivalent to a cock ring might help. Even with no underwear and just wearing loose joggers, it still happens.
Not sure this would help, maybe even hurt circulation.
Hands on diagnosis should be done at this point.
Also other aspects of urologic exam if you have not seen a urologist.....prostate, testicular, etc. would be pertinent at this point in time and beneficial in terms of screening.
Good luck again
dt
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
'Hands on' sounds good !
I've recently had surgery for small prolapse to rectum and treatment of internal piles - and prior to that I had the 'camera' job so I think prostate is ok.
It sounds as though there is nothing much that can be done other than losing a bit of weight - and living on viagra so that it is less inclined to retreat?
And having the examination.
Living on viagra not the best idea without professional appraisal.
But yes, essentially.
Good luck
dt
dt
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I appreciate you have tired to help, but in reality, all you have told me to do is to see a doctor. I live on benefits and to pay £18 for that advice is obviously unwise. I therefore wish to withdraw my deposit.
Well Actually we have indeed discussed a number of things, some of which will require professional help
Weight loss you can do on your own
You imply a degree of erectile dysfunction, and an ultrasound to check circulation could be done in a urologists office.
Prostate examination should be done at least yearly, GP or urologist.
Other possible causes of ED should at least be assessed by the GP....diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, low testosterone levels, thyroid dysfunction, etc.

So we are an information service, not to treat put to provide a solid direction and information.
Whether you accept answers or not is totally up to you. Money is not distributed unless you click accept.
Customer services can help with any refund of deposits.
dt