Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!
The persisting sinus infection can be the culprit for all the symptoms. It can cause;
1) Burning sensation in the ear as sinus and ear has a common nerve supply.
2) It can enlarge the lymph nodes in the jaw line.
Since your doctor did not see any infection in ear and ear does not have discharge, chance of ear infection is not much likely. Still if you have not consulted an ear, nose, throat (ENT) specialist and your ear was examined by your primary care physician; you may seek a referral to him. He would be able to take care of your sinus infection also. The aim of treat of chronic sinusitis is; relieve the obstruction, treatment of the infection, if present, thinning the mucus, and opening the sinus. Following would be the treatment protocol in your case;
1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.
2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.
3) Topical decongestant for short duration.
5) Steam vaporizer
6) Eucalyptus oil may help
7) Nasal saline irrigation
8) Vitamin C
9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive.
For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;
1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
3) Zinc 30 mg.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
The sound travels through the canal and any change in the passage way disturbs the sound perception and can cause hypersensitivity and pain on loud music. Different people have varied responses and thus it is difficult to predict whether Sauna would be helpful in an individual case. Most of the people, it is likely to be beneficial.
It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.