Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I have very loud intestinal gurgling and rectal gurgling and

I have very loud intestinal gurgling and rectal gurgling and gas popping. Very warm feeling coming off my lower abdomen. Sometimes constipation , and straining to go to the toliet. Went to the doctor about it and he put me on proton pump inhibitors. i also started taking fibre pills and probiotics. Symptoms subsided in a couple of weeks but did not disappear and I still have them, some days worse than others.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few details. Any history of weight loss? Any history abdominal bloating? Any test done for these symptoms? Any history of passing pale, offensive or bulky stools? History of thyroid disease in the family?

Edited by Dr. Amir on 11/3/2010 at 6:17 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have actually put on weight recently, no history of weight loss without dieting. I am bloated most of the time, feel very tender on the lower abdomen, a lot of heat, feels like inflammation. I passed very yellow stools once but since then they look a normal colour although sometimes very infrequent, small and hard. A lot of popping and bubbles in the lower intestine and rectum but not a huge amount of gas passed, feels like a lot more when it happens. Sometimes pain under ribs also but not frequent.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I should add that I have a history of IBS, I was diagnosed with it once. It went away after a few months, I havent suffered from it since. It feels different this time and the gas sounds didnt happen then.

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated and these are Malabsorption syndrome, bacterial overgrowth in intestines, H.pylori infection, food allergies, thyroid disorders, IBS. I will highly advise to have evaluation done by Gastroenterologist & will suggest these tests such as fecal fat measurement, urea breath test, hydrogen breath test, abdominal-pelvic scan, stool culture. Treatment should be done according to the cause identified and there is a need to have these tests & examination done by gastroenterologist. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.