DOC EK
DOC EK, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R)

sharp pain in left side of chest, breast area, into neck and

sharp pain in left side of chest, breast area, into neck and down to upper arm. Becoming more frequent now
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOC EK replied 3 years ago.

DOC EK :

hi

DOC EK :

since how long do you have this problem

DOC EK :

any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke cough and breathlessness

DOC EK :

any echo or stress test done or just ECG

DOC EK :

Please send the reply so that we could move ahead

Customer :

approximately 2 years, sorry I'm not exactly sure, tended to ignore it. Slight breatlessness, no cough or other apparent symptoms. Do have problems with leg pains, and slight swelling on left shin. Chest pain can vary in severity, tends to occur when I am emotionally upset or after physical effort. I have lost 3 members of my family within the last 2 years, which has resulted in a great deal of emotional stress.

DOC EK :

any echo or stress test done or just ECG?

Customer :

Was supposed to have further test done at hospital but after consultants assement of E.C.G. I was not given an appointment.

Customer :

Only E.C.G. done

DOC EK :

do you have any other medical problem as well

DOC EK :

and are you using any medicines

Customer :

Have high cholestrol, Barrats Oesophagus, and hernia.

DOC EK :

okay here are a few suggestions keeping in view your symptoms

Customer :

Medication taken is Omeprozole and having B12 injections for low B12 and Low folic acid levels. Was prescribed statins but stopped taking these because of adverse reports re side effects.

DOC EK :

as you have high cholesterol and you are not taking any medicines so the first and foremost thing is to get a cardiac evaluation

DOC EK :

this evaluation should not include an ECG only but i would like you to have a stress test as well before clearing you from cardiac point of view

DOC EK :

At times patients do have a normal ECG despite having ischemic heart disease and best non invasive way to look for it is by stress test

DOC EK :

Another thing could be a neuropathic pain presenting like this but this should be tested once the heart is clear by testing properly

DOC EK :

As you have pointed about stress in your life the possibility of this pain related to stress is there but should be considered only after ruling out the more serious conditions

DOC EK :

r u there?

Customer :

Thank you for this advice, can't get appointment with doc until a week today, will try to contact consultant in the hope that he will see me. I did say to my G.P. that the E.C.G. gives a print out and must have shown some sort of irregularity and found it strange that two doctors could read it and give a different analysis. I will go back to the medical people and try to get answers. Your help has been invaluable and has given me the confidence to try to obtain further help from the doctors. My G.P. has been compassionate and has tried his best

DOC EK :

click ACCEPT so that i may be credited for my work

DOC EK :

Good LUCK

DOC EK, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R)