Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

What does a high level of monocytes, absolute mean

What does a high level of monocytes, absolute mean?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question. I would like to say that monocyte is part of normal blood cells and when the level of monocytes increases its called monocytosis. There are few important possibilities such as bacterial infection, chronic infections such as T.B, protozoal infections, STDs, inflammatory disorders and others like that. I will advise to see your physician again for complete evaluation and in case of bacterial infection then you might need to take antibiotics. Treatment should be done according to the cause identified and you may require to have further tests depending on the examination findings. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.