DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My fasting glucose level ranges from 90 to 98. My glucose

My fasting glucose level ranges from 90 to 98. My glucose level two to three hours after a meal is 120 to 127. My A1C is 5.8. I find that after 2 hours after a meal I am shaky, stomach growling, just don't feel great. Would Gluccocil be something I would benefit from? I do exercise regularly and watch my sugar intake.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Hello
There is a normal elevation of blood sugar after meals
Have you had a two hour glucose tolerance test?
dt
use reply
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
In other words, less that 140 at two hours is normal
let me know
dt
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I have not had a two hour glucose tolerance test. I am just monitoring my blood levels at home. I thought I was battling low blood sugar because of the hunger that would come two hours after eating as well as weakness, nausea and shakiness. I've been monitoring my levels for four days. I've not had any low readings.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
You do not have hypoglycemia, which is defined as sugars below 70 on readings and symptoms which are alleviated by eating.
So that is out.
Many people, in my view and from clinical experience, have a sensitivity to the drop of the blood sugar, which is normal...the drop that is...however because of abnormalities in diet, and impurities in diet, this sensitivity develops.
Excess calories, rich food, animal foods, fat and refined carbs as well as synthetic food can all contribute to this.
Too stabilize this...schedule meals....eat whole food and only real food, mostly plant food, and not too much. Systematically eat less than makes you full.
For instructions, see the book, Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for reversing Diabetes, by Dr. Neal Barnard, or Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
Let me know if you have further concerns.
Good luck

dt Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit. Ask more if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only