Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate

Every night I am awakened by a tickling, crawly feeling at

Every night I am awakened by a tickling, crawly feeling at the opening of my anus. I have read about paracites and have had a stool sample taken and analyzed. It did not show anything, but I still feel I have some kind or worms. My primary care doctor just "blew it off" saying that I had "itchy butt". I have tried placing clear tape down there before I go to bed to "catch a view of something", but I end up not knowing what I am looking at. I also sometimes feel like something is crawling inside my eye or in my nose when I wake up in the morning. What can I do that is natural to get rid of any pinworms or paracites that might be living in me? One time I took an OTC medication called Pin-X and it was very rough on my stomach, so I don't want to take that again. Please help me, I am so tired of waking up with this tickling and crawly problem. Thank you, Susan
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Do you have pinworms for sure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not know if I have pinworms ... I can't seem to find out, but it feels like something crawling around the opening of my anus in the middle of the night.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
When you put tape against your anus, do you see any white little worms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't see any little white worms, but I see a few little round circles, maybe eggs, or they may just be something else. If I just go ahead and assume that I have pinworms, is there something natural that I can start taking to get rid of this tickling and itchy problem that keeps waking me up every night?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
If there are no worms, and you have no reason to have pinworms - ususally being around small kids - then you probably do NOT have pinworms.
But, you might have something such as Lichen Sclerosis - and you should see your ob/gyn about this - or you might have hemorrhoids - as these can cause severe itching that you are having - and you might need a high potency steroid cream such as Clobesterol or Triamcinolone - which USUALLY will help more than anything that you have used.
I hope this helps, thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is a possibility of pinworms because I babysit at my daughter's house where she has a young son and two dogs which are inside and outside the house and up on the furniture. I know I don't have hemorrhoids ... but again I want to ask you if you can tell me of a natural cure for internal paracites that I can try.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
OH, I see - but usually when you apply tape to your anus you should see white little worms, also, seeing pinworms in adults is very rare - and if your doctor did not out right see pinworms then unlikely to be pinworms, even if with with children.
Treatment with pinworms is ivermectin or mebendazole - prescription only.
But, I would really recommend getting evaluated for this lichen sclerosis - because you are at that age category where you see this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My doctor never even examined my anal area. He just told me that I had an "itchy butt" and then closed the discussion. I still think I have some kind of worm-type paracites crawling out of my anus and waking me up at night.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Wow - that is poor medical practice - so YES have your doctor check you for worms - but honestly this would be quite rare for an adult to have - even if kids had them because adults usually do have MUCH better hygiene.
So, if your regular doctor does not want to see you and examine you, then please see another doctor, I would sure do that.
And, honestly you are right in that age category of lichen sclerosis - I know I keep repeating myself, but women in their 60's get this a lot, and treatment is with Clobesterol or Triamcinolone streroid creams/ointments.
Thank you very much for your questions, I hope I have been helpful, and it would be appreciated if you click on ACCEPT for the time I have given you, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I did not get an answer to my question as to what kind of natural remedy I could use to get rid of pinworms.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry I forgot to mention that.
Here is a website that will help you specifically IF you do have pinworms.
WEBSITE and this site has the name of the 'natural' remedy.
thank you for your questions, please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated with the time I have spent answering your questions, thank you.
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate