Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD

Can a sinus infection cause pain and tenderness to the roof

Can a sinus infection cause pain and tenderness to the roof of your mouth (hard palate)? Last Saturday night I noticed my throat was a little dry/soar. Sunday morning my throat wasn't that bad but I was bringing up yellow phlegm, and only once I noticed old blood in the phlegm. The phlegm issue only lasted for about day. Starting Monday the roof of my mouth was tender and it was painful to swallow. I never had this before. I've had nose bleeds (there's been a time or two when I had a nosebleed that had a large amount of blood) and the tenderness to the bridge of my nose that I passed off a sinuses. I never seen my doctor about sinus problems, only allergies that I use a prescribed nasal spray and inhaler for.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 3 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Customer :

hello

Customer :

Does this sound like a sinus issue?

Dr B :

it sounds very much like it is a sinus issue

Customer :

it's a new experience for me as for as location and pain.... I never been treated for sinus problems but this time around I got a little nervous... would i need medication?

Dr B :

You may need medication, but often it resolves with decongestants and nasal saline sprays

Customer :

OK... how much more time before I see my doctor? And the nosebleeds that I've experienced with the excessive amount of blood and the appearance of blood in the phlegm I got once and a while? all do to the same issue?

Dr B :

All the same issue, i would see your doctor before the weekend

Customer :

Thank you very much for the peace of mind. I tend to over worry when I shouldn't. This website is very helpful because researching online sometimes can give you the worse possible scenario,lol

Dr B :

You're welcome
Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns

If you are satisfied, please click ACCEPT

Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: MD