Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor

My lymph nodes under my left jaw are swollen. My jaw line

Customer Question

My lymph nodes under my left jaw are swollen. My jaw line hurts and under my chin and sometimes the pressure goes down the left side of my neck. It sometimes feels difficult to swollow like theres a ball back there. This has been going on for like 6 months but has recently gotten worse. Could it be allergies or my wisdom teeth or worse?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 5 years ago.

You are getting reinfection from the wisdom teeth.

When you take antibiotics, it help to control infection, thus lymph node swellings decrease.

As it is appearing frequently, you should have blood test, examination to exclude other cause of lymph node swelling.

Teeth should be evaluated for further management.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. The weird thing I went to the dentist who gave me antibiotics for my wisdom teeth but said they could probably stay in because they didn't look to bad. Can the infection be hidden to where you can't see it, like under my tooth???
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 5 years ago.
The lymph nodes may take time to subside after the infection has been controlled.

When the dentist has examined, there may not be other cause of lymph node swelling.

Your dentist can take x-ray of the teeth, whether there is any focus of infection in the tooth cavity which can cause repeated infection.