Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

I have burning sensation on my left upper breast muscle tingle

I have burning sensation on my left upper breast muscle tingle in both my lower arms and hands had an ecg 2 weeks ago heart was all good had phisio on shoulders plus tried chiro but sensation is still there can you advise Thank you XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just answer

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms

Do you have any medical problems?

Do you take any medicines?

Do you have a family history of diabetes?

Any rash on the breast?

Is it the same buring tingling feeling in your breast and hands or different?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Heart Burn,, Take Nexium 20 mg, No Diabetes in the family, No rashes, Different pain chest is like a dull ache/burn in the muscle that is just above the breast on the left side there is a tingle type sensation mainly on the inside of the right hand area right thumb is sore to close. Did a yard clean up today no pain at all and not short of breath, I think i said befor that the ECG was fine, symtoms started 5 weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the response

Again I am sorry for your symptoms

Based on what you have described up above the 2 pains are separate things. for the breast /chest pain I will recommend you discuss with your physician about costochondritis which is a clinical diagnosis and presents like this. The treatment for this is NSAIDS like ibuprofen three times a day or naproxen twice a day. Please take with meals and take prilosec twice a day while on these medicines to protect your stomach lining. Even though you are pain free this needs to be taken for 4 to 6 weeks to reduce inflammation.

Given your symptoms of tingling numbness please discuss with your physician to check a hemoglobin A1C to rule out diabetes as diabetic neuropathy can present in a similar fashion.

Another possibility is neuropathy secondary to injury or over use of the muscle and hence also discuss to get nerve conduction studies.

The treatment will be the same for both medicines like gabapentin or amitryptilline

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

Dr. B., Doctor
Experience: Physician with 8 years of experience.