tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

Hi... can one get diarrhea from insulin...

Hi...

can one get diarrhea from insulin...?

Were any of these medications new or in different doses a few days ago?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

...all medications, described are new...since 3 days..before that I was taking only glyburide 5 mg...4 per day...but my sugar was at 200 - 350 every day...that's when the present (new) doctor prescribed all these items...(my old doctor moved to another state )..I am on medicare...(humana plan)

OK--to answer your question, insulin doesn't cause diarrhea, but changes in bowel movements are listed side effects for all the other new medications you're taking. Of course, it's also possible that the diarrhea is something you might have gotten anyway, without the medication change, as from something you've eaten. For now I'd suggest the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast--and calling your doctor on Monday about this. If I were he, I'd suggest stopping the simvastatin and fenofibrate for a few days to see if the diarrhea resolves. A couple of days without these medications won't be harmful to your health.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you...have a nice weekend !