Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

WHat causes throat webbing

WHat causes throat webbing?
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Throat webs are congenital memebranes left behing inside the esophagus resulting in a sensation of 'lump inside the throat'. This is a developmental problem.

It was a pleasure assisting you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is a sudden onset of Webbing in the throat. Is there a difference in the answer of what you just gave?
What is your symptom? Is there a sensation of lump inside the throat; like you are being choked?

What is your age and sex?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am 34 and a women I have had a swollen throat and the inability to eat for 20 days now. I have tried three antibotics, a numbing medication and now have to wait 3 more weeks to get into the ENT. Is this something that the local doctors should be taking more serious? I feel as if there is a golf ball in my throat.
Yeah, That is what I have exactly told you that you are having a sensation of a lump inside the throat. This is known as "globus hystericus. This is not due to actual presence of a lump or a golf ball within the throat. It is common when seen mostly when a person is either stressed or has to be in 'limelight amidst a gathering.

I will provide you with a link to help you get rid of this feeling.

You should however get checked by an ENT to make sure that you do not have any visible lesions in the pharynx or throat.