Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I have a lump under my skin on the left side of my stomach

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Is the lump painful?
What is the size?
How long have you had it?
Is it hard or soft?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i just noticed it yesterday.there is no color swelling or movement it is under the slin not on is painful when you touch it., new pain onthe right sidde middle of the back has also arrived., along with severe pain in feet and legs.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
I suspect that the lump is unrelated to the back pain and the pain in the feet/legs.

The lump, if tender, may be a couple things.
Lipomas, which are benign fatty growths that can develop underneath the skin, usually feel somewhat rubbery in texture. They typically are not painful, but occasionally can feel tender to touch.
Cysts can also develop under the skin. These can become painful if they become infected.
Hernias also can develop in the abdominal wall. These are usually around the belly button area (or groin), however. If this is the area you are feeling the lump, then it is possibly a hernia.

As for the back pain you have started to feel, this can be a multitude of things--kidney stones, kidney infection (usually associated with fever, nausea, frequent urination) muscle spasm, bulging disk (which can also cause pain in the feet and legs).

I would make an appointment with your doctor today given the severe pain in your feet and legs if this is new. Peripheral vascular disease (for which I assume you have had stents placed in the past) can also cause the pain in your feet and legs as well.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!