Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

i was diagnosed with gastric antral type mucosa, moderate chronic

i was diagnosed with gastric antral type mucosa, moderate chronic follicular gastritis and positive for intestinal metaplasia...doctor doesnt want to see me because i am out of province...all this test were done in ER? I am in abdominal pain...what should i do? is that dangerous? thank you, Victoria
Hello

If you can wait I will refer this to a gastro enterologist.He is not online and will answer you when he comes online.
Please do not reply to this.
You will receive an email notification when he replies.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when gostro dr. is going to reply?
Does the medication help the pain. What tests were done? Ultrasound of gallbladder? Will return I 30 min.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a little bit help this medication, ultrasound was done, and ctscan as well and both are normal...but all this results came from endoscope.
This is a complex question but I will attempt to define the terms and help clarify the issue. Gastric antral type mucosa with moderate follicular gastritis simply means that you have an inflammation of the stomach with a predominance of lymphocytes and monocytes which are types of white cells. This is most likely a reactive inflammation and is usually associated with H. pylori however you have stated that this test was negative for H. pylori. At this point taking the medication should be the most effective in attempting to reduce the inflammation in the absence of any bacteria. More importantly is the gastric intestinal metaplasia which is accepted by most to be a pre-malignant lesion. However the exact recommendations of how to follow this lesion in terms of frequency of gastroscopy has not been determined. The malignant potential of intestinal metaplasia depends upon the location extent and severity of the metaplasia. You will need to see a gastroenterologist who can put you on a surveillance program with endoscopies at either a yearly or 5 year interval taking multiple biopsies to insure that the metaplasia has not progressed to a very premalignant potential. In the meantime there is nothing that you can do for this problem. If the metaplasia progresses to a serious degree there are certain types of procedures that can be done to remove the lining of the stomach to prevent further progression of these cells.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about tan tissue fragment that were found as well? i am going on vacation in two weeks...does this condition for being positive to intestinal metaplasia mean i cant be on the sun? or it is ok to spend few hours here and there....i appreciate your knowledeble response
The tan fragments are the biopsy specimens before the are put under a microscope. Sun will not affect this. Enjoy it all you want.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so so much! last question...can i eat some fruits and salads...let say not on empty stomach with food
Should be no problem.

Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.