Experience:  dasdasd

Can eggs cause pancreatitis Eggs usually cause me stomach

Customer Question

Can eggs cause pancreatitis? Eggs usually cause me stomach pain when I eat them. On Thursday I got the flu shot and on Saturday morning woke up with pretty severe stomach pains radiating to my back. The pain has not let up except while sleeping. Have nausea but no vomiting. Should I go to the hospital or will it go away?
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.

Why do you think it may be pancreatitis? Has this ever happened before, and, if so, have you had a medical evaluation for it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
have had my gallbladder out when I was in my 20s. I have had no medical evaluations for pancreatitis but have been trying to find a reason for the pain. It is not an upset stomach. I know the difference. I also have alot of belching, which I know is a sign of pancreas problems. And the pain goes into my back between my shoulder blades. Almost everytime I eat eggs I get this pain but not as severe. I also get it from eating Chinese food. I know the flu shots use eggs in their manufacturing.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
OK. Pancreatitis is easily diagnosed with blood work and an abdominal CT. This could also be a peptic ulcer, and that could be diagnosed with endoscopy. Why only eggs aggravate this is a puzzle, since the other two diagnoses usually are exacerbated by fatty foods and spicy foods. Pancreatitis is usually a constant, not intermittent, brief abdominal pain syndrome. Irritable bowel syndrome is another possibility, and I think a referral to a gastroenterologist is in order here.