DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My symptoms are gas, bloating, mild burning sensation in my

Customer Question

My symptoms are gas, bloating, mild burning sensation in my stomach, mild discomfort along with a mild "tightness" or dryness in my esophagus and throat. I have had a colonoscopy, and 2 endoscopies in the last month. Everything was normal! No inflammation, no h- pylori,no yeast, no abnormal cells of any kind. I did have a pharyngeal and an esophageal yeast infection 1 month ago which was treated with diflucan and resolved. I do have a history of eosinophilic gastritis which did not present in any of the biopsies. I rumble constantly. My symptoms are better with some food in my stomach but I get gassy after eating or on an empty stomach.I have more discomfort on an empty stomach which I think is from the pressure of the gas accumulation. These symptoms have been persisting for about 1.5 months.Also, my heart is throwing an occassional pvc which happened when I had the eosinophilic gastritis. Any ideas??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 6 years ago.

Dr.Sam :

Hello! Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

JACUSTOMER-taovih6n- :

Hope so

Dr.Sam :

What were your symptoms during the period when you were having fungal infection.?

Dr.Sam :

Has any ultrasound abdomen done to look for gall stones?

Dr.Sam :

Are the eisinophils raised on your blood tests?

JACUSTOMER-taovih6n- :

I had bronchitis and my doctor treated my with a z-pack and an inhaler and my symptoms persisted. He then treated my with avalox and a stronger inhaler. My esophagus had similar symptoms. I did have an ultrasound. All healthy. No eosinophils in my bloodwork.

Dr.Sam :

Any ultrasound abdomen done?

JACUSTOMER-taovih6n- :

Yes. All was healthy. No gallstones or masses. No irregularities.

Dr.Sam :

Well I am not able to find out any thing. I would opt out so that another expert may help you out.

JACUSTOMER-taovih6n- :

How do I find another expert

Dr.Sam :

i will redirect you. please wait for few moments

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Hello
I notice the other expert has opted out
I am unclear on your diagnosis
How was the diagnosis of eosinophilic gastritis made?dt
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

By biopsies done during an endoscopy about 1 1/2 yrs ago

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
One more question
Have you had allergy testing?
dt
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes. I had scratch tests and blood work. My scratch test showed a cow's milk allergy. Blood work showed strong allergies to cow's milk,corn and wheat. And mild allergies to soy, eggs and oats.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
OK
The docs are treating you as if you have reflux
Has this been established with PH testing?
dt
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do not think so.

PH testing was not mentioned to me.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Well this should be done.
Just because your biopsies are now negative doesn't mean you have reflux verified.
Part of the bloating and gassiness could be from not enough acid in the stomach to digest food. I am unclear on what the docs are using as a working diagnosis at this point.
If PH testing is positive, then the reflux treatment is not effective and other medications and maneuvers need to be considered.
I would also recommend having the docs run a celiac panel for gluten sensitivity as this can cause a variety of symptoms, particularly in the small bowel which lead off of the stomach....gas bloating, etc.
As a final note, make sure the biopsies were not just of the stomach but also of the duodenum. If not, and if you have a repeat scope, this should be done.
Good luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Had celiac panel done and it was negative. Pretty sure my duodenum was scoped. I do not have a gluten problem
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
OK
Make sure the duodenum was biopsied, not just scoped.
If you still have eosinophils anywhere, the treatment is not what your are doing.
Clearly the next step is PH testing.
You might be aggravating your condition with incorrect acid suppression.
Good luck
Good luck
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.