Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have a sore throat, hurts to swallow, right side of neck

I have a sore throat, hurts to swallow, right side of neck very tender just below jaw and feels as though a lump is there wat is it?
I also woke up this morning and my chest was tender to touch just on the bottom right side of my left breast and since then it has spread up my chest between my breasts and is very tender to touch
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.

Since how long the symptoms are there? Any other symptom, like cough, fever? Swelling or redness in chest area? Was any test done? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have had the sore throat for about 3 days now but only noticed my neck being sore this morning, tenderness of chest only noticed this morning but has gotten worse. No other symptoms and no swelling or redness in chest area. No tests done and only medication is contraceptive pill
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

Sore throat with soreness & feeling of lump is likely to be due to an infection. The lump can be enlarged lymph gland. There can be a chest infection too. Other cause of pain in the chest can be musculoskeletal, costochondritis etc. I would advise you to have an examination by doctor & have a throat swab test. After examination doctor can advise other tests too like blood counts, X rays etc. You can need antibiotics. Do warm saline gargling. You can try motrin or tylenol for pain.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.