Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

can an accident cause damage to the pancreas causing it to

can an accident cause damage to the pancreas causing it to stop functioning properly with the result being diaetes 2

Thanks for the question. I would start first of all by saying that insulin is usually secreted from the beta cells of pancreas which plays an important role in the control of blood sugar levels. Most of the injuries as a result of an accident with such degree of impact can damage the pancreas leading to permanent impairment of these beta cells which then slowly developed to diabetes type 2. Other factors of course do also contribute in leading to diabetes. The answer is yes to your question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.