Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD

Why am I having nausea and dry mouth along with dizziness

I have dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, headache, similar feeling of hang over but, haven't drank since 1990. My doctor ran blood tests and had CT scan done - both came back clear. I work 6 AM to 2:30 PM. Some days driving home I notice eyesight problems, have had my eyes checked out by Ophthalmologist, nothing wrong there. My GP suggested seeing a neurologist. I called a neurologist but, can't get appointment until Nov 30th. I'm very concerned and a bit scared. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Category: Medical
Expert:  Caring doc replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. Sorry to hear about your problem.

The symptoms which you are telling can be due to a problem with two systems if the blood work is normal with no metabolic derangement. These are neurological and ENT. In neurological these can be symptoms of migraine, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, cervical spine problems and others. While in ENT it can be caused by any of the problems of internal ear like labrynthitis, but important thing is the symptoms like this must be dealt by a neurologist and need MRI of the brain to rule out any major brain pathology. If there is no problem with the brain, ENT problem must be ruled out. So I would suggest you to wait for the neurologist consultation, but if in between you have any issue regarding any of your symptoms, you must consult your GP.

Wish you health and good luck.