Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

My head hurts when I cough, sneeze or bend over to pick something

My head hurts when I cough, sneeze or bend over to pick something up. Otherwize it doesn't really hurt. This has been going on for a year. I have been through one round of antibiotics and it didn't really do anything.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
is there any nasal discharge?
Do you feel post nasal dribbling?
Do you feel dizziness on moving your head?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, there is not nasal discharge. However I do have a mild post nasal drip. No dizzinees when I move my head. however, I have never had headaches on a regular basis. by the end of the day, I do have a headache in addition to the pain when I cough or sneeze. Also, I will used shake my head quickly to get water out of my hair after I showered - I cannot do this anymore because of the pain.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.

The symptoms you are having is due to sinus headache.They are caused by an inflammation in your sinuses (air-filled cavities around your nose, eyes, and cheeks).The combination of more fluid and less drainage leads to the pain and pressure of a sinus headache.

The sinuses become congested and can become infected, a condition called sinusitis.You need physical examination by your ENT doctor.Trans illumination (shining a light through the sinuses) is used to look for sinus inflammation.Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.You need physical examination by your ENT doctor.Trans illumination (shining a light through the sinuses) is used to look for sinus inflammation. So I advice you to make an appointment with your ENT doctor
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Where is the accept button? I don't see it on the screen.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
You need physical examination by your ENT doctor.Trans illumination (shining a light through the sinuses) is used to look for sinus inflammation. So I advice you to make an appointment with your ENT doctor. Just below the answer, there is a GREEN ACCEPT button. Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.