Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

I have watery bowel movement with excessive gas. Proper bowel

I have "watery" bowel movement with excessive gas. Proper bowel motions are few and far between. The problems are always daytime; not necessarily after food. I've increased fibre intake but to no avail. Natures choice of bowel cleanser restores order for a day or two. I have two to three cups of tea/coffee (with milk) per morning.

Dr.Sam :

Hello! Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

Dr.Sam :

How long has it been so?

Dr.Sam :

How many bowel movements you have in a day?

JACUSTOMER-h1s6pmnf- :

Approx 20 years. On average about 15 movements but almost always "water" and gas.

Dr.Sam :

ok.

Dr.Sam :

Please wait for few moments

Dr.Sam :

any tests have you undergone?

Dr.Sam :

any bleeding in stools?

JACUSTOMER-h1s6pmnf- :

none. No bleeding.

Dr.Sam :

what about lab tests?

JACUSTOMER-h1s6pmnf- :

None.

Dr.Sam :

ok.

Dr.Sam :

well it seems that you have either irritable bowel syndrome or crohns disease/ ulcerative colitis . You need to undergo certain tests like colonoscopy, barium studies and cat scan of abdomen. Also certain stool and blood tests would be required. your best course would be to visit a gastro enterologist who could examine you and order certain tests as described earlier. Also a delay in diagnosis may lead to some serious complications .

Dr.Sam :

Please ask if any further question

JACUSTOMER-h1s6pmnf- :

I have had a colonoscopy (every two years) and everything is OK.

Dr.Sam :

What about other tests?

JACUSTOMER-h1s6pmnf- :

None

Dr.Sam :

if nothing is visualised on tests then it is IBS and has to be treated accordingly.

JACUSTOMER-h1s6pmnf- :

Thank you

Dr.Sam :

Not all fibers are going to help . there are different types of fiber like soluble and insoluble fiber