Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

does DEA monitor md and dds orders of Class 111 and class1V

does DEA monitor md and dds orders of Class 111 and class1V purchased over seas
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer:

The DEA would not be able to access the information to monitor MD and DDS orders of Class III and IV medications purchased overseas. The ability to monitor the purchases is mainly through the purchases made at the pharmacies here in the USA, especially when you are paying for the medications with prescription insurance cards. However, with the current trend of starting prescription monitoring program in many states, the DEA would be able to monitor all purchases of any control medication order by MDs and DDS in the USA but still not those purchased overseas.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.