Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

why cant i fill my prescription for oxycodone in florida

Customer Question

why cant i fill my prescription for oxycodone in florida?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 years ago.

There are two primary reasons that are causing you this problem. First, if your physician is from another state, there is no easy way for a Pharmacist in Florida to verify your physician's license and status. Second, pharmacists have become leery of persons that are doctor and pharmacy shopping, and it raises red flags when someone that is not local arrives to fill a prescription and there is no easy way for them to determine whether the patient has been doctor shopping.

Unfortunately, there are people that use a variety of mechanisms to obtain controlled substances inappropriately and most doctor and pharmacists have had to deal with these people in the past as well as the regulations that have been passed to address these persons. It then places the patients that require the medicines for a bone fide medical problem into a difficult situation.

There is no easy answer to your situation. If you fill your prescriptions at home at a chain pharmacy, it may be possible to go to the local store of that chain and ask the pharmacist to contact the pharmacist at your home pharmacy. If this is not possible or effective, then it would be necessary to find a pharmacist with the time and willingness to pursue verification of the prescription and your prescription history with your home physician and pharmacy.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i currently live in jacksonville florida and my doctor just moved from jacksonville to orlando. i went to orlando today to see the doctor and i have been unable to find someone on the pharmacy end willing to call and verify or even attempt to fill it. the doctors office is there to verify that the script is real and i have a lease to show that i am indeed living in florida. it seems getting someone to the point of caring about this enough to verify it is very difficult. do you have any suggestions for where i might try to fill the script?

The best option at this point would be to ask the doctor's office what pharmacy has been frequently used by that physician, such as prescriptions called to the pharmacy, and then try to use that pharmacy.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i want the name of a pharmacy in jacksonville that i can fill my valid prescription for oxycodone 30 mg.