Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I feel like my food is stuck in my chest and im burping alot

I feel like my food is stuck in my chest and im burping alot im scare to eat but im hungry what do you suggest
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How long are you having this symptoms? Do you have pain during swallowing? Any other symptoms such as heartburn, bloating, pain upper abdomen, wt. loss? Is there any relation with type of food you take?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
since saturday evening 9-25-10, it does hurt when swallowing preasure like if it does not want to go down, heartburn, regarting the food on saturday i eat salad and pasta at olive garden
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description, you seem to have symptoms for only few days. Other than that you don't have any history of stomach problem in past. It looks like you are having stomach acid reflux which is producing all these symptoms. I see that you are on taking Zantac which can take care of your symptoms. Juts give it sometime to settle down. Other OTC options are prilosec, antacid. In the mean time switch to liquid and soft diet. Avoid heavy meal or any food that may aggravate your problem. Take your meal 3 hours before your bed time and use extra pillow to elevate your head. You will see improvement gradually. Your throat discomfort is due to rawness cause by acid, it will subside as you recover.

If my answer is helpful to you, then press green button, so that I can get credit for my time with you. I am still online to help you, follow up if you have any other concern